Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Day 139: Hey Elusive we found your drummer!

In case I haven't said it enough, it truly amazes me how much can change in just a couple of short weeks when your pregnant. Take for instance those pants that finally fit right - only now they are becoming a little snug and visions of belly pannels haunt your thoughts. Then there is the favorite part of your day - bed time! Thoughts of relaxing and putting those tired feet and eyes to rest is all to appealing as you contemplate how wonderful it will feel all day. That is until night time comes and all the sudden with no reason or forewarning insomnia hits and you know your exhausted, your body knows its exhausted but for some reason, something in you believes you only need two hours of sleep to get by.

Though scarey and somewhat unpleasant some of these things become I am happy to report that something bigger and more wonderful can usually balance it out, maybe even top it (knock on wood!). We've noticed in the past couple weeks those little butterfly movements in my tummy have become more defined and stronger, and yes I said we. =0) Last friday David unexpectedly got what he has been waiting for, the chance to feel his son move. There was no denying that he felt a kick and a pretty strong one at that and to us it just feels so amazing to know that he has the ability to put our mind at ease and let us know that he's okay inside his snug home. Some days it's as though he is the best soccer player/drummer this world will get to know, while others his small, subtle movements still just make me take a moment to really revel in how much I already love him.

Besides my sappy view on what is going on there is all the fun developmental stuff we get to read about. He is roughly the size of a Barbie/Ken Doll and weighs about a pound. His heart and brain are continually getting stronger and if you were to look in at him, he looks like a miniature newborn baby. If you held a pound package of butter in your hand that's about how heavy he would feel! He can move in any way the brain directs like spinning, turning, sumersaulting - perhaps that's why I could feel him kicking at my belly button today! When you think about it, it really is quite amazing how much he is going through.

Other than that things are going well, busy but well. We hope all of you are doing well, as we miss you very much! Please keep us in your thoughts in prayers! =0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have this urge to be with everyone. these babies coming in to be with us and i can't even get to them.
Maybe we should all agree on a state then we all move there.
These babies need us and we need them.
This is what it is all about, but these times tears the family unit to threads.
I loved you from day one and I love your baby belly.
I sure hope things work out so we can all grow up together..... Auntie Debbie