
It's one of those mornings when that clock hits 5 am and for some reason I find myself completely wide awake with no chance of falling back asleep. I start to question myself - "Am I not tired?" Oh no that's definately not it. "Did I have a weird dream?" - Surprisingly no. So I take the normal steps to falling back asleep - you know get a drink of water, go to the bathroom for the 20th time that night, make sure I'm cool enough and try listening to the rythmic sound of David breathing, but none of it works today. And as I lie there just watching David as he's sleeping so peacefully, there he is - my little guy waking up too, letting me know with every twist and turn in my tummy. That's when I start to realize that these mornings - where I stare at David in wonder, thinking about the fact that there is something that the two of us made, are coming to an end. He'll be here soon. And if I ddn't feel awake enough before - now I'm really awake, contemplating this idea that at any time now I could be blessed enough to be awoken by my little guy with a cry or a movement outside of me. It seems so foreign to me right now, but at the same time it's a moment I simply cannot wait for! Just thought I'd share...

1 comment:
Nope its not a dream or anything else that has your biological clock gone hay wire. Its good old mother nature tuning you in for when the baby comes. You'll wake up alot now and all hours of the night. The baby is putting you on his schedule now of interupted sleep for feedings.
Don't fight it, or worry, its all part of the master plan of parenting.
You and Dylan look so cute. !!!!!
Post a Comment