Monday, December 04, 2006

Day 138: What I would trade for sleep

Well by reading the title you probably can imagine what the last few weeks have been like. However, instead of dwelling on my lack of sleep I've come up with a better solution - the What I'd Give Up game. Here's the top contendor's for what I'd give up if I could get a solid 8 hours of sleep:
1. Shopping for a month
2. My spoon full of peanut butter with some chocolate chips for 6 months
3. Flowers for a whole year
Yeup - if you know me.... that's a big deal! =0)


Other than the sleep issues things have been going well. As you can tell from some of these photo's Aiden finds the Holiday season kind of exhausting, running from store to store, airport trips and house preperations - it's enough to tucker a little guy out! He had his 4 month visit a few weeks back and braved through his shots. His funny little rash still hasn't gone away and I'm contemplating another doctor's visit - we'll see. I talked to the doctor about his night time state and his explanation was that he was hungry and to start him on baby cereals - bad idea - lets just say I miss the days of being alloted sleep in 2 hour incraments. Needless to say no more cereal for a while - his tummy just isn't ready and quite frankly neither am I.
Developementally Aiden has changed leaps and bounds these last few weeks. He is really starting to reach for things, play with his toys and get really excited about things. This weekend we discovered that the only thing funnier than watching mom and dad brush their teeth is when mom looks at him and says "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,yes,yes,yes," when he is so passionately persisting otherwise. I swear his first word will be "No"- it already sounds like he's working on it! However, not all developments are what we consider exciting. For example, to my surprise the other day, when frustrated with me, Aiden let ou that scream - you know which one I'm talking about - David and I call it the annoying child in a restaurant scream (because that's where it's usually heard). Oh joy, oh bliss.

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun this year. Christina came up to visit us for the holiday and we all had a blast cooking and playing with Aiden. For David and I it was particularly special, as last years Thanksgiving brought the news that Aiden was on his way! During Thanksgiving weekend we also went and got our Christmas Tree (he loves staring at the lights and decorations!) and Aiden got to sit on Santa's lap! And if any of you out there were watching the news last week, you would have seen that we got quite a bit of snow. So much so that David actually had to work from home for 3 days because the roads got so bad! However, it was very exciting for us to be able to take Aiden out in his very first snow!
David is also doing well. Work is, of course, keeping him super busy, but even so he still manages to be a huge help. Aiden responds to him more and more each day. Today when he walked in the door everything I was doing to entertain him came to a halt as he was mesmerized by him. The other night we had his Microsoft Christmas party the other night and felt very fortunate because Natalie babysat him. It was so nice to have some adult time and know that he was in such trusting hands.
And things with my health are still being worked on - I go again next week to the neurologist to see where we go from here.

So other than all that we are all just getting really excited for the holidays, though we can't help but be a little sad that we won't be there with you all. So please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers, we love and miss you all! =0)

No comments: