Friday, September 12, 2008

I OMP it in da mouth!

Welcome back to our blog! I know, I know... I'm actually writing without a huge gap between posts - shocker! Things have been pretty hectic but in the last couple of weeks there's been some fun stuff to report! First of all Dave, Erik and myself took Aiden to the fair thinking it would be sooo much fun....boy were we wrong! Let's just say the fair will be better to try next year with him. Some of the animals and games left him in tears and I think the whole experience was just a bit overwhelming for him.






Aiden is getting a lot better going on the big boy potty! Yea - we are so proud of the progress he's making. He gets super excited to get his star sticker when he goes in order to eventually earn that cookie - the thing this kid will do for food! When had a minor setback when he refused to use the potty at mommy's house. Yea that was weird, it took moving his potty to the "big bathroom - the HUGE one (Aiden's words)" to get him excited about it again. LOL.



Well a lot of you have been asking for some pictures of our new house so I'll add a couple - nothing spectacular but a little glimpse at it!

















So here are some views of Aiden's room and our kitchen/dining room, I promise more to come but I hope for now these work! So anyways, back to Aiden! You may be wondering about the title, well it is the phrase of the month for Aiden and it couldn't be funnier. Anytime he's about to eat anything he proudly tells us "I'm going to OMP it in da mouth" and makes that lovely OMP sound to demonstrate how. LOL it really is hilarious. IN fact the other day as I was packing an apple in my backpack for school he enthusiastically asked me, "Adien OMP mama's apple in da mouth?" When I told him it was mama's apple, he showed me his piece of banana and said "Oh Aiden OMP a banana," and walked away. I'm so going to miss these phrases as he gets older. Oh and this picture is of Aiden showing you all how he "Omps" lol.











Beyond that he is really making an effort to learn his letters and numbers - he is sooo excited when he regonizes one it melts my heart. He loves building, reading, coloring, playing with his music toys and of course anything having to do with going outside. Right now we're currently looking for a place to take him to do basic toddler gymnastics (so tumbling) which hopefully he'll start in the next month. He's also become so opinionated about really little things. Like last night he wanted the "green cup not da red cup" - I really love it.

Well hope this blog finds you all happy and healthy, we miss you!

No comments: