
For Christmas Eve we had a very late night, opening presents with Erik's family until we had one exhausted little man on our hands. Though he did make out like a bandit there (a play kitchen, an art easel, play tools, and so much more- about 15 items more) that was just the beginning. Come Christmas morning this exhausted little man actually seemed too tired to open presents. In fact his first real course of action was finishing Santa's left over milk (good thing I had poured it 5 minutes before he woke up) and eating the other half of the cookie Santa just couldn't finish lol. Hey the kid has always had food priorities. 
Santa this year came and left many great things Aiden. And to be perfectly honest it couldn't have come at a better time. We've been noticing that lately a lot of Aiden's old toys were starting to seem to little for him. Though we never anticipated the abundance of gifts that he received this year, they honestly have been a nice, change of pace for him. And while I love them, I also can't help but feel like my little baby is slowly slipping away toy by toy. I know he is a full energy, somewhat defiant, normal, toddler - I just can't help but look at him and feel that twinge of nostalgia.

Santa this year came and left many great things Aiden. And to be perfectly honest it couldn't have come at a better time. We've been noticing that lately a lot of Aiden's old toys were starting to seem to little for him. Though we never anticipated the abundance of gifts that he received this year, they honestly have been a nice, change of pace for him. And while I love them, I also can't help but feel like my little baby is slowly slipping away toy by toy. I know he is a full energy, somewhat defiant, normal, toddler - I just can't help but look at him and feel that twinge of nostalgia.

<--- Just for a little explanation - he got a set of dinosaur stamps and was ready to put a stamp on his belly (thanks to the little gym for that one lol).

After we opened our presents at our house we headed over to grandma and grandpa's house and begin to open even more presents! LOL. There we enjoyed a nice, relaxing day. We had breakfast, hung out with family and opened presents. Here Aiden got great movies, books (Please parent's by the book Personal Penguin - it's hilarious!) and was very excited to get a child's doctor's kit - it was a big hit! Take a look at how excited he was to give Erik a shot - lol it's quite hilarious how quickly he went to healing us all! Here's some more pictures from our fun day!
So since Christmas it's still been a bit of a whirlwind. All of the sudden our house looks as though it's exploded. Though we are paying extra special attention to cleaning up before we pull out another toy, sometimes the pure excitement of all these new toys are just too much. Also to add to the excitement, Uncle Nick, came home for a visit. So to end this blog I'm going to post more pictures of Aiden playing with all of his new fun toys and what not. I know this blog was primarily pictures but the next one will hold much more substinance. Hope your holidays were as fun and exciting as ours. 









No comments:
Post a Comment