Monday, April 20, 2009

Conversations with a toddler

It's no secret that our little man has an (albeit healthy) obsession with dinosaurs. It is also no secret that we revel in it and in such keep the Natural History Museum and their gift shop in business. But in these last few weeks I've found myself saying some things I never imagined would come out of my mouth and I thought I'd share them in a post. Some have to do with his love of dinosaurs, others are just the interesting things that come out of his mouth throughout the day. The pictures throughout are from our Easter fun (including Aiden's hands after dying eggs), going to the Isotopes baseball game with Erik, and just random good times (like going on a carousel). Enjoy the post and I hope this spring season has found everyone as blessed as I feel.













1. Aiden: sobbing- "Oh no - oh no, that big truck ran over my dino"
Grandma: "Fix it mama, hurry he's so sad"
Me: - "Don't worry Aiden he is ok, he just flew away to the doctors and they put band aids on him."
Aiden: perfectly calm now : "Oh ok I'll take them off"



2. Me: "Aiden please don't pretend to eat the children at gymnastics, you're scaring them."
Aiden: "But I'm a T-Rex, I eat meat" (*How do you argue with that? Trust me it wasn't easy)

3. Dave: "Did the chair at mama's school spin like Daddy's office chair?"
Aiden: "Yessssss"
Me: "Ummm buddy no it didn't, remember that chair sat still"
Aiden: "You're confused" (When did he learn the word confused?)


4. Mama: "Whewee I'm pooped!"
Aiden: "GO TO THE POTTY NOW MAMA, HURRY HURRY!"
*1 week later after a conversation of what pooped means
Aiden: (Dave yawns) "You tired dada?"
Dave: "I sure am buddy"
Aiden: "You need to go to the potty now so you are pooped"
*He'll get it one of these days, it is a hard concept for a potty training boy

2 comments:

Sabrina Horton said...

Isotopes? Wasn't that a baseball team on the Simpsons?

lindsay said...

LOL - I love toddler conversations!