Sunday, November 27, 2011

Things that I love about five year old Aiden

How do I accurately describe how incredible Aiden is? Every time I sit down to write one of these I know that I am trying to convey just how amazing it is to get to be the mom to this kid, and to be honest I know I don't do it justice. So with the holiday season upon us, and me feeling doubly sentimental I thought I'd share a story. It all started a couple of weeks ago when Aiden declared "I wish I could be a baby again." Naturally I prodded him a little asking the big "WHY?" question. His response was "Because baby Aiden never got in trouble and he was always good." Heart breaking I know. It is especially heart breaking if you spend any time around him. Does he get in trouble? Yes. Often? Not really. He is quick to learn and is the most happy-go-lucky child I have ever met. So in talking to him about this I, of course, let him know that while I loved his baby self, five year old Aiden is so amazing and fun, I wouldn't trade it for anything. We, of course, had to go through a list of things I love about him. So I thought, for the sake of that moment, I should really capture it down on here. So here it goes... the things I love about five year old Aiden:



1. I love that he always refers to himself by his full name.
2. I love that he asks questions, even if sometimes they seem too big for a five year old.
3. I love that he loves to laugh, and make others laugh.
4. I love that he tries new things without fear.
5. I love that he plays the "what if" game, coming up with the most wild "What if" scenarios.
6. I love that he loves learning and tries so hard to read.
7. I love that he likes to do silly things, like jump over cracks on the sidewalk.
8. I love that he has mastered a sly grin.
9. I love that he loves my made up stories at night just as much as his books.
10. I love that he cherishes our night time songs as much as I do.
11. I love that he is genuine in everything he says.
12. I love that he is kind hearted and gentle.
13. I love that he thinks of others and carries their worries despite how small he is.
14. I love that he finds joy in making others feel good about themselves.
15. I love that he knows what kind of person he is.
16. I love that he gets as excited for holidays as I do.
17. I love that he loves to help cook any meal with me.
18. I love that he will eat vegetables over sweets, especially broccoli.
19. I love that he calls the internet the invisible book store.
20. I love that he is a master bargainer at five.
21. I love that he already has decided that more than anything, when he grows up, he wants to be a dad.
22. I love that he is confident, healthy, and happy.

This list could go on and on, however for the sake of closing a blog, let me just say that I am blessed.

No comments: