Sunday, May 13, 2012

My whole heart


I think it's rather impossible to describe how much fun Aiden truly is. Between our superhero adventures, hiking in the foothills, pretending our car is a pirate ship - there really is never a dull moment. However, what I have come to notice is what I love best are those zany moments in conversations where he makes the most hilarious declaration and you can't help but be overcome with laughter. Watch out folks, we have the future class clown amongst us. Well today (Mother's Day) was no exception. Except instead of those amusing comments, his sweet Aiden self herded me to a closed door where my surprise (which he was actually able to keep a surprise!) awaited me. Besides the lovely gifts he had already bestowed upon me, his handmade Kindergarten gifts were waiting. Within these lay this special treasure:
Kindergarten Mother's Day Survey

99!?! Well I just aged seventy years! I think I laughed till I cried. And as I scrolled down and saw the "My mom is prettiest when it is everyday," I think my whole heart actually melted. This kid, oh this kid...
well he's everything to this mama.

Aiden-Matthew you make being a mama so incredibly special.

3 comments:

The Lopez Family said...

That is so sweet! What an awesome kid you have! P.S. I just about die laughing when I think about him telling me that his super hero action figure was not saving the world, he was planting watermelons!

Teresa said...

Lol, he is a riot!

Natalie said...

Awww...I love it when you post! What a sweetheart. And his momma is beautiful inside and out - it's no wonder he's such a precious boy. How could he be anything but funny, smart, creative, and kind.