*Bed time rolls around and as Aiden and I read The Fantastic Mr. Fox once again he snuggles up and puts his cheek next to mine as I read for just a tiny, snuggly moment.
*Saturday mornings roll around and instead of taking the chance to sleep in, I wake up to a kid (not so secretly, or quietly, but ever so sweetly) climbing into my bed to kiss me on the cheek, because he believes that's how you wake up a mama (before you beg for your Saturday morning pancakes).
* The who loves who more debate.
*The kid who asks for broccoli with every meal.
*Hearing how a little heart loves you differently, because you're his mama.
*Those precious giggles at bedtime in that last attempt to not have to go to sleep after he has begged for one more chapter.
*Listening to him talk about his made up game of Super Hero Quest and all the awesome things that go along with it.
*Watching him learn sympathy for those less fortunate than him.
*Watching him finally get across the monkey bars by himself - reaching his first ever real, I'm not going to stop trying till I get it, goal.
*Having him be okay after the first fall off of the play ground equipment he has mastered.
*Hearing how many people he means so much to, and yet getting to be the hand he grabs a hold of when he's nervous for a first day of first grade.
So many little snippets of how lucky I am.
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment