Wednesday, July 17, 2013

SEVEN!

It might be a couple days early, but as time is moving ever so quickly, my fit of nostalgia is ready to celebrate as I write post 101 (wowza!) about how amazing you are. So here we go... get  ready for a sappy, mushy, can't wrap my head around the fact that you are turning seven, mommy rant. =0)

These, my sweet boy, are captured moments in time. I know I have often told you of what kind of baby you were - happy, joyous, hilarious, and way too much fun. The best part is that while you seem so much older, and are so much wiser, you are such the same.  That tender heart that cares for all, that Peter Griffin laugh when you're trying to be sneaky, and your uncanny ability to make me laugh - you are you, and I am grateful.


 
So here are some things that I want captured of you, Aiden, at seven:
  • You are confident in your abilities to do and master things. Swimming? You got it. Diving into the deep end? Didn't phase you a bit. Riding a bike? You're golden. Keep that determination and confidence kid - it will take you far.
  • You are crazy! I don't think we have a bed time where you don't try to sneak out of your room at least once for a "surprise hug!" - it's heart melting. You push the limits often. While I know that you are all boy, I do pray that your guardian angel is as fast on his wings as you are on your feet.
  • You are loving. I hear how you adore babies constantly. There are days you can't have enough snuggles. And there are moments that you are overwhelmed with the urge to help those in need - you couldn't make me more proud of you.
  • You are coming into your own. Argumentative? You betcha. Stubborn? Lord help the fact that you got both your dads and my temper. Reasonable? Yes. Thank goodness, yes. Even at your most upset, you can talk about how you feel and listen to how others feel.
  • You have the best imagination ever. The best part about this? Watching you create things and exploring your own limits. Every day you create new games, draw new invented dinosaurs, and beg to read just a few more chapters of your books.
  • You have conviction that rivals most. You explore your faith, ask for stories of Jesus, and believe without hesitation or fear.
  • Oh man are you a riot! Our conversations are the most hilarious moments of my day. Where you come up with stuff I do not know. But your one liner responses crack me up. Your ability to keep everyone smiling is truly a gift.

 
I am blessed beyond measure to get to share this world with you kid. Happy birthday Squeedle Beetle! 


No comments: