Last night David and I found ourselves staring in amazement at just how strong our little man has become. With every kick our buglet delivered, was a rise in my stomach and a feeling of pure excitement. Perhaps one of the best parts was when I felt the nub of what I thought to be a foot, move slowly across my stomach, with my hand. Then better yet, watching David as his hands got to feel the same thing and the look in his eyes while he felt him move - it was priceless.
With the excitement of all that goes on daily, everything is starting to become more and more real. We picked up our crib and dresser/changing table this weekend and I can't wait to move it into the room and start the nursery. Though before any of that can happen, other rooms are being taken care of. We are finishing up our downstairs office (and by we I actually mean David with the little bit of Teresa help), as that old wall paper had to go and a basil colored paint went up! Next will be my office, as it will transform it's red walls into blue for our guest bedroom. Then of course our current guest room will become our little man's nursery - I can't wait! Of course, David has been fantastic with all of it, letting me change my mind countless times and never even giving the apperance of any annoyance - I'm lucky! He's even taken on the task of giving some of the rooms new trim and re-doing the nursery window! Besides the rooms there are the classes we are taking for the little guy's arrival coming up and the doctor's visits. After my return home from ABQ I had some intense leg pain that they ended up ultrasounding to check for blood clots - their test results came back normal and I'm trying to rest my feet more. Then during my routine blood draw they found increased glucose levels and low iron levels. While it's pretty common it means I'm taking an iron supplement now and have to go in for a 3 hour glucose test to rule out gestational diabetes - please keep us in your prayers! =0)
With all that is going on I have to say I feel so blessed to have my mom's comforting voice at the other end of that phone line to reassure me. It's especially helpful as things are getting closer and closer. There are those days (as I'm sure every new mom experiences) where I find that we really still have sooo many things we need to get and as my mind focuses on that it becomes very overwhelming. What happens if I forget to buy bottles, or those other necessities? How many crib sheets do we need? What am I forgetting- I know there's a whole list of things!? Is it normal that I can't picture him in my mind? I don't know how she does it, but with every question asked, she has an answer that makes it okay. Really with anything I bring to her she manages to make it doable - perhaps it's the power of the mom - whatever it is, I hope I develop it! I feel truly blessed to have her and can't wait for that time I'll get to spend with her this summer, where I'm sure she'll work to silence more of my fears. =0)
Each day that passes on our little guy continues to get stronger and stronger. His skin is still becoming smoother as more fat is deposited underneath it's surface. His brain can direct rhythmic breathing and control body temperature. His eyes are completely formed and eyelashes are present on his eyelids. It's neat to know that every day he spends inside this growing stomach of mine he is working to become a strong baby that can thrive in the outside world. Knowing this makes me more and more anxious to find out what he looks like as we eagerly await his arrival.
Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts! =0)
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hello my niecie poooooh
I behaved myself and went shopping.
I went on babies r us and got you a few things.
The only thing i am returning is the mobile. I am still sending you the baby carrier even though Jade is making one. Maybe grand parents need it to pack Aiden around. lol
any way.......... sorry i missed the shower!!! I love you. Keep the pictures coming i need pictures.
Post a Comment