Thursday, June 29, 2006

Day 231 (35 to go): Itsa cool 74



It's been quite an interesting week at the Hargis household so I thought I'd take a moment and catch everyone up on the going on's here!

We started the nursery and if you can make it out on the picture to the right it's yellow and (kind of) green stripped, once we add the top boardering to the room we'll take more pictures. So far though, it looks really great and we're getting more and more anxious for it to be finished! The air conditioner has been installed and I love basking in the coolness that is my upstairs (Stitch loves it too)!!

On Monday I lost my little plug (if you're female you probably know what it is, but I'm going to spare the details on this one cuz it's kinda yucky) which as you know isn't definitive measure of knowing when labor will start. It is however a sign to us that my body is preparing itself for the journey it's about to take. It also made us recognize the things that we haven't quite gotten around to, like packing the hospital bag or washing the baby clothes that have been piled up in a rubbermaid bucket. So Monday was our wake up call, now the bag is packed and I've started a load of baby clothes, so there is at least something for that "just in case" scenario.

Today brought another little surprise. As I was going about getting ready, I went to put on my clothes and realized that things were feeling different. That high up bump that I have been so used to, had lowered. Yeup that's right, he dropped a little. All just little signs to show us that things are progressing and we really have no idea when he's actually going to come! Perhaps our doctor's visit next week will give us some insight...! Other than that things are pretty normal (which in our world means kinda hectic) as we're just preparing ourselves for what's to come!

Developmentally our little guy continues to pack on the pounds, getting those fat deposites to increase so that he can be a well formed kiddo. His skin has also become more pink and smooth because of these deposites.

Well sorry I don't have much to write about, I need to get a move on with this day - hope all is well with everyone! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Teresa, I'm SOOOOOOO happy for you, you don't even know! Don't worry about going into detail about the plug comming out, lol.. I know all about it! Heck, I even delivered my daughter. I'm one of those guys that likes to be so involved that he knows more about the female body than Mama does.. Haha. But I guess that's not that hard to do, because (shhh..) she's kind of slow. Lol. :)

I'm excited, your room looks great so far, and we'll be awaiting Aiden! (By the way, that was one of the names that I loved for my son, but Heather doesn't like it. I vote excellent choice!)