Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Day 244 (22 to go...): Our little big guy

Welcome! Well as you can imagine these last couple of weeks have been quite hectic for us. If the pictures are not an indication enough, we've bought a new car. It's the LL Bean edition of the 2006 Subaru Forester and it's fantastic! We've been contemplating the new car idea for over a year now and decided it was time that we had a more space efficient/ baby friendly car than the little Saturn that could. I think David also really enjoys being able to watch me actually get into and out of a car without bumping my belly on the steering wheel and grunt and groan every time I have to bend down ackwardly to get into a vehicle. What a sweet man!

Besides the car things have just been a whirlwind this last week. We went to the hospital on the 4th of July because I was feeling "leaky" - worried that it might be amniotic fluid we went in for some fun little tests and it turned out that it was just one of those fun, weird pregnancy related things. A few days later we were back to the doctor for our scheduled ultrasound in which we learned our little guy, may not be so little! The technician determined that he is (plus or minus about a 1/2 a pound) 7 pounds already! That in itself was followed with the news that from this point babies tend to grow about a 1/2 lb each week... eeek! =0) Since that ultrasound we've had two doctors appointments. The first one revealed that we were 1cm diliated and 60% effaced - which still like all the other things mean we're pretty much right on track. And that he has positioned himself head down, getting ready for his journey. This one today said that we are 2cm diliated and 80% effaced - so yea still on track lol.

As our little big guy continues to grow I've noticed that my once very active belly has calmed down just a tiny bit. He is still very active, but I can tell that his quarters have become more and more cramped as now some of those movements actually somewhat hurt my tender belly. In his world his grasp is becoming firmer, he automatically turns towards sources of light and his body is taking on a more rounded and plumper look. Here in the outside world, I'm more tired, am getting frequent headaches (they're keeping an eye on them, but please keep us in your thoughts) and my random bursts of energy are actually quite funny. Not to mention the reality of what we are about to have to go through I think is really starting to set in with every random, through increasingly stronger, contraction I have.

Well it's time to be off! Please keep us all in your prayers as we journey through these last weeks, we miss you all! =0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutley love love your new vehicle. It is so cool looking, much more safe than a regular car, and new enough to travel to Illinois if you have the urge to drive across the entire country with a new born, in the heat lol hint hint........ ok ok Just wishful thinking. Just writing it sounds too hard and far.
Your new ride Its very awesome looking, as well as Mr. David, whom is still handsome as ever. I can not even tell from looking at him that he is soon to be a dad. You carry your weight very well David.
I love the photo I really do but ah.............. Teresa ??? Your body is behind the car door ??? I want Belly shots, your ready to pop, and I wanna see the big one.
So did Tina pack and leave yet, lol
If she hasn't it is only because someone has tied her down I'm sure.
These final days are the ones that will put you in the frame of mind to get ready set go. By the end of your time you will be saying without hesitation, I am ready, Its time. You breathing will get more labored from the pressure on your diaphram, your shoe strings, if your wearing those kind of shoes, have gone from the bow in the middle, to the bows on the side. Your feet have been gone for sometime now. Getting up and down from any chair or couch is a job, when something lands on the floor your actually contiplating the importance of just leaving it there, or until something else falls to save you an extra trip down.
The luxurouis bath is now thought of as slippery and dangerous.
Your turning sideways at the kitchen counter cause your belly is so big and tender its the only way to cook.
Your beloved pet is now a threat to your unborn child, so climbing on mom is asking for trouble.
You rub your belly and talk to Aiden all the time. His feet are in your rib cage and it hurts.
You've been sleeping with a pillow in between your legs and or under your legs and you will be from now on.
You'll feel happy and energized even though your the heaviest you have ever been in your life.
Your baby is so big everyone every where you go -people- are staring- at you, some scared to death you will go into labor while your THERE
others feel sorry for you and your poor over worked feet.
And just like me, and them, you'll enjoy and cherish all the memories, and your child will love the stories.
Its such a miracle thats words can not discribe it really.
Eat small amounts more often.
Now here is advice from auntie Debbie
when you go into labor do not rush to the hospital. Stay home as long as you can !!
Once you get there they will put a belt on you to monitor the baby and want to keep you in bed.
The more you are up on your feet the faster gravity can help pull the baby down. That means faster delivery. GET ER DONE!
Stay home until you can't anymore.
Your pains will feel like menstral cramps and gradually get harder and stronger.
Thats a good thing.
Pace around, get cleaned up, if you have on makeup wash it off. Don't leave your house until you have flushed your system out 1 and 2 .
Don't eat and drink lightly or just ice chips.
When the baby's head is all the way dowen you can't sit and pee anymore you'll be standing half way through labor.
But empty your bladder it gives more room inside for the delivery.
Your bowels will be soft and ready to flush out.
If you don't empty your bowels they will empty during birth so make sure your flushed out good before you go.
ok thats it.
oh yeah if they have sitz bathes, go a few times. It feels good and it helps you heal faster I think. Plus it helps clean you more.
Oh yeah and TC I went in weighing 160 pounds I had 8 lb. 12 oz. baby all that placenta and after birth, fluid, after it was all said and done, later that day I weighed 154. Don't ask I have no clue I was so upset I could understand it and still don't.
Your package from me and the kids should come this week, just things I had to buy cause of cutness or softness or just for funness.
I love you all. Your in my prayers. You are all in my Prayers, Aiden, David, and my TC.
I love you smouches !