Monday, October 22, 2012

Learning how the world really works

These last few weeks have held a few revelations for little dude, that I just had to share. Enjoy!

Me: Aiden Matthew you need to watch how you say things to people, because that sounded rude.
Aiden: MOM - You KNOW that I can't control what I say, because God controls everything we all say.
Me: Ummmm no. Let's have a chat about something called "Free Will"...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aiden: I love chicken nuggets!
Me: I know, but let's have chicken tenders, because they are at least made of real chicken.
Aiden: What are chicken nuggets made of?
Me: Various chicken parts. It's yucky, trust me.
Aiden: But chicken strips have real chicken?
Me: Yes.
Aiden: So do other things have real things if they are, like, strips?
Me: Ummm, like what?
Aiden: So that means buffalo tenders are real buffalo!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While watching the Broadway musical The Lion King

**Mufasa has just died
Me: You ok bubs?
Aiden: Yeah, don't worry, I know that man isn't really dead.

**Simba and Nara rediscover each other
Aiden: AWE - I know they're in love because they're dancing.


Thanks Aiden, for making all of your life learning experiences so entertaining and sweet. :)

1 comment:

The Lopez Family said...

He is too cute! Don't tell him about hot dogs yet!