Aiden,
It occurred to me how long it's been since I've updated this, and how much of your story has been missed out on. Though in this moment you are, once again, devouring books (goodness do you read) there is something that is so inherently clear to me: you NEVER stop. It's one of my favorite things about you, probably because it is so indicative of how you are like both of your parents. Even as you sit there, engrossed in another book, anxious to see what will happen next, you are literally sword fighting along with it. Every place we go, every activity we do, every moment we share you are in so many different places of mind at once. Child, you are so very big for this world.
Even that brain of yours seems to hold too much sometimes. How much you think about is a constant surprise to me. Your worries are far to big for your almost eight year old self. Your ideas are far beyond what this world might even be ready for. And yet, you make perfect sense to you, and Lord I pray that you keep that.
I'm so proud of the boy you have become. I'm so not ready for another year to have slipped by so quickly.
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment