Friday, January 20, 2006

Day 71: Food shouldn't be this confusing!

Welcome everyone to day 71, or as some like to call it, the last day of the first trimester! Hopefully from this point on my appetite will start to become less confusing, I might even start cooking as often as I used to. Before now breakfast was a battle, lunch was the best meal ever and dinner was never quite the same. I feel like my tastebuds and stomach are in this opperation to get me! The not liking things I normally love ( I miss vegetables!!!) and the random "Oh my gosh I'm starving" points make snacks and meals all the harder to determine what I want and when I want it. So now, with the end of this trimester, I hope food can be my friend once again.

Other than that fatigue has definately set in and I, get this... have learned to nap. No that doesn't mean I like it - if it were up to me I'd keep going all day, but I've accepted it and even appreciated it's refreshing abilities! When my naps are not possible - which so often they aren't (between school and work it's hard to get them in) - bed time is so early that David laughs at the night owl I used to be. We'll see how much he's laughing when the baby is here and crying late at night - for it will have the last laugh!

By now our little one weighs about an ounce and is over 2 and 1/2 inches long. It responds to touch, it's intestines have moved into it's abdomen and it has a heartbeat. We had an appointment with an OBGYN already who did my blood work up and discussed which new OBGYN would take us on as their patients (Dr. Heffron no longer delivers babies and we felt this was a necessary requirement for our ob - lol). We will meet with this new doctor on the 31st for our next checkup as he comes highly reccomended.

Well this is where I leave you all, on my way to a nap (yea for no class on Fridays!), we'll keep you all updated and please keep us all in your prayers! Much love! =0)

No comments: