Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Day 83: And the beat goes on....

It's surprising how so many little things can make such a difference when it comes to this pregnancy. For instance, the first day our baby had a heartbeat (according to the baby books), I couldn't stop the tears everytime I thought about it. Or when it was the size of a peanut and we could visualize just how incredible something that small truly is. But yesterday topped it all at our GYN visit, when we actually got to hear that precious beat of our baby. For David it meant the first opportunity to really be part of it's existance. While I can feel that my pants don't really fit anymore and we both can make out that little nubbin on my tummy, it was chance to get to really recognize its existance. Who'd a thought we'd both look forward to doctor's visits? ;) Beyond that they told me that all my aches and pains are appearing normal and yea!

Other than that things are seemingly well (knock on wood!) - I had a bit of a hard time once I realized that the lovely hair tie pants trick I learned, only works for so long. So thanks to the company of my sister in law, Jade, I have new pants - though I tried hard to avoid it, I am very glad to have pants that actually don't hurt to wear! Food is also coming on the upside now, my nausea seems to have calmed a bit and food is starting to again be my friend. Seems that the biggest problem with food now is when that sudden starvation comes on with no warning, and I need food NOW! LOL - I'm lucky David puts up with me!!!

We love you all and miss you all. Thank you for being a part of this special time with us and please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Jade said...

Welcome to the world of elastic-banded pants, my friend. :)
- jade