Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Day 110: Was that a gas bubble in my belly button?

Today we reached a very exciting point in the pregnancy, one that the baby books I've been reading have told me could happen at anytime. Though I have to admit when I read it my skepticism came about as I wondered, "You can't really feel your baby move when it's still this little, can you?" Well today that naive little question was answered as I stood in my classroom talking to my work associates about a matter at hand. When to my dismay the weirdest sensation came over me and I thought, well that was either a gas bubble in my belly button or I just felt my baby move... "I just felt my baby move!!!" I know it's silly, but emotional me couldn't help but start tearing up and become even more excited about the precious, mobile, little person inside. Through all of the neat things we've gotten to experience, finding out we were pregnant, hearing the heartbeat, this - this tiny gas bubble feeling in a place no bubble has been before, was really something really indescribable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby??? Or fart??? :)

Nope. Just a dinosaur wiggling!

Rawr!