Monday, February 01, 2010

Bamboo Trees

One of the funniest things Aiden does right now is constantly talk about bamboo trees. I attribute it to one episode (yes one mere episode)of Wonder Pets, in which a baby panda was rescued from a bamboo tree. Yet, even though it was one episode this particular tree has really stuck with Aiden. Whatever do I mean? Why allow me to share some examples:

Dinner Out: We've learned that entertainment when out with a toddler is essential. Our favorite past time usually includes a rousing game of I Spy. Well tonight at dinner Aiden miraculously spied - yeup you guessed it - bamboo trees (not really, but to him it was hilarious).

Prayers: Really I should write an entire blog on these alone, because really prayer time is one of my favorite parts of the day. However, since all of his latest prayers involve bamboo trees it fits here too.

Yesterday's prayers - "Dear God thank you for brownies, bamboo trees and lanterns."
Tonight's prayers - "Thank you God for letters, bamboo trees, Daddy's, brownies, penguins, Erik's, snowmen, fans, and mommy's." BTW he got the brownie thing from the word "bounty" lol - too cute!

Dinner Time: I often like to provide Aiden the choice of what I will make for dinner. However his suggestion is never on my menu, yeup right again, bamboo trees.

I have a secret: Every night before Aiden actually goes to sleep, he comes out because he has a secret he HAS to share with me right away. Tonight's secret? "Bamboo trees grow back."

Yeup, my son, the future botanist.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

That is too too adorable! Aiden always say the cutest things! Gotta love Ni Hao Ki Lan, Xander can already say Ni Hao! haha

Natalie said...

How sweet. What a guy. Smart loving mamas make smart loving children.