Thursday, February 18, 2010

Big surprises

Everyday the wonderful world of Aiden brings us wonderful surprises. However, today he told me something that none of us could have ever expected to hear. Because today Aiden uttered a phrase that contradicts the very thing that his world has revolved around for years. Today Aiden came up to me with the sole intent of sharing a secret. What could this shocking thing be? In the sweetest, most serious whisper, Aiden declared that "Bamboo trees are better than T-Rex's."

While at first I thought my ears had deceived me, for how could my dinosaur obsessed son ever think that anything is better than the fearsome, sharp toothed, meat eating, carnivore that he goes on and on about? My mind quickly focused on the two other thoughts that sprung to my mind:

1. What is with the bamboo tree thing? I mean really? lol.
2. What is sweeter than getting told one last secret before he finally lays his head down to rest?

I love this little boy.























T-Rex stomping in the snow

















Ahhh T-Rex, the perfect eating utensil!


I think he might just change his mind back when he figures out that bamboo trees don't roar.... ;)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Oh Teresa he is SO unbelievably adorable! Now all you do is figure out where to get him a Bamboo Tree! lol