Monday, January 23, 2012

Baby Cliches Ring True

"It goes so fast." That phrase is the biggest baby cliche of all time. Google it if you don't believe me. And despite the fact that I heard it a million times as I held on to that sweet little baby, I took it for granted. How is it possible he is this big?

And while at times I miss getting to hold that sweet, smiling baby... I would never trade the nightly "I love you most," or the way he cups your face if he really has something important he needs heard right then, or his long winded explanations of things that excite him to no end. And I would especially not trade his love and zest for life at five. As much as I miss those baby years, Aiden at five is so very wonderful. I don't know where those years before now drifted away to. It went so fast.

1 comment:

The Lopez Family said...

I hear ya and my sweet girl is only one. Even when it was really hard in the beginning, I still miss the nights of falling asleep in the rocking chair with her in my arms.